Nets Easy for OpenCart
This guide describes how to install, configure, and use the Nets Easy webshop module for OpenCart 2.3.
Before you start
Our OpenCart plugin is the perfect extension to enable the Nets Easy checkout to its full potential for your OpenCart store. Nets Easy supports most popular payment methods.
- The Nets Easy fast checkout with "remember me" functionality.
- Embedded checkout for an optimized user experience. Users are not redirected outside OpenCart.
- A smart mix of payment methods to suit all preferences.
- Multiple checkout languages and currencies for selling in your domestic market and abroad.
- Fully syncronized payment statuses in admin order page with Easy portal.
- Intuitive order management with synchronized captures and refunds from admin order details page.
- Custom webhook events for real-time payment statuses.
- Custom Build-in debugging features.
The following screenshot shows a checkout page provided by the Nets Easy module:
Admin panel features
- Quick setup and flexible configuration.
- Intuitive order management with synchronized captures and refunds.
- Compatibility with discounts, tax (VAT), and shipping options.
- Compatiblility OpenCart Multi-Store setups.
The screenshot below shows the settings page for the Nets Easy module:
Follow the step below to install the Nets Easy module in Opencart.
Step 1: Install module
You have two options when installing the Nets Easy module for OpenCart:
- Alternative 1:
- Download the plugin archive: https://github.com/Nets-eCom/opencart2.3_easy/archive/refs/heads/master.zip.
- Extract all files to your OpenCart installation directory.
- Alternative 2:
- Install modman by running the command
git clone https://github.com/sitewards/modman-phpor simply copy the modman-php files into the OpenCart root directory.
- Install the Nets Easy module files by running the command
php modman.php clone https://github.com/Nets-eCom/opencart2.3_easy.
- Install modman by running the command
Step 2: Refresh Opencart Admin
- Navigate to Modifications in OpenCart Admin.
- Click the Refresh button.
The module is now installed and ready to be configured for your Nets Easy account.
After installing the module, you need to do some basic configuration of the module:
- Navigate to Extensions and choose the extension type Payments.
- Locate the Easy Checkout module and press the Edit button to access the configuration.
- Fill out the required fields, such as merchant ID and integration keys (secret keys and checkout keys).
- (Optional) Customize the module according to your needs using the additional settings on the configuration page.
Both the merchant ID and the integration keys can be found in Easy Portal. See the following pages for more help:
The screenshot below shows the configuration page for the module:
The following table lists all the settings you can configure in the administration area for the Nets Easy module:
|Nets Merchant ID||Your merchant ID which can be found in Easy Portal.|
|Secret key (Live)||Your live secret key from Easy Portal.|
|Checkout key (Live)||Your live checkout key from Easy Portal.|
|Secret key (Test)||Your secret key for test purchases from Easy Portal.|
|Checkout key (Test)||Your checkout key for test purchases from Easy Portal.|
|Terms & conditions||The URL to the terms and conditions of your webshop.|
|Merchant Terms & conditions||The URL to the privacy and cookie settings of your webshop.|
|Order Status||The status that new orders will be assigned when placed through Nets Easy.|
|Shipping method||Defines the shipping method to be used.|
You've now installed and configured the Nets Easy webshop module. If you have further questions, please see the troubleshooting section below or reach out to our support.
Orders placed using Nets Easy can be managed in the Nets Easy portal. There you can charge, refund, or cancel payments.
It's also possible to view the status of orders placed using Easy Checkout directly in OpenCart Admin by navigating to Sales > Orders.
All transactions performed by Nets are accessible in Easy Portal.
Below are some of the most common configuration errors, their cause and steps that you can follow to solve them.
Nets payment plugin is not visible as a payment method
- Ensure that the Nets plugin is available under Extensions > Payments.
- Temporarily switch to the Opencart 2.3 standard template. Custom templates might need addtional changes to ensure correct display. Consult with your webdesigner or developer.
Nets payment window is blank
- Ensure your integration keys in the Nets plugin settings are correct and do not contain additional blank spaces.
- Temporarily deactivate thrid party plugins that might affect the functionality of the plugin.
- Check if there are any temporary technical inconsistencies: https://nets.eu/Pages/operational-status.aspx
Payments in live mode don't work
- Ensure you have an approved Live Easy account for production.
- Ensure your Live Easy account is approved for payments with the selected currency.
- Ensure payment method data is correct and supported by your Nets Easy agreement.