Nets Easy for Shopify
This guide describes how to install, configure, and use the Nets Easy app integration for Shopify.
Install Nets Easy Checkout App
Before you start
Before you start, you need an Easy Portal account. See the guide Create account for more information about creating a free test account.
Nets Easy Checkout for Shopify is an app that extends our gateway integration and enables you to accept payments in Shopify with Nets Easy Checkout. Nets Easy Checkout supports most popular payment methods.
- The Nets Easy fast checkout with "remember me" functionality.
- Preferred payment methods.
- Supported currencies (one per shop): EUR, DKK, SEK, NOK, CHF, USD, GBP, PLN.
- Supported languages: German, English, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Italian, French, Spanish.
The following screenshot shows a checkout page provided by the Nets Easy app:
- Quick setup and flexible configuration.
- Intuitive order management with synchronized captures and refunds.
- Compatibility with discounts, tax (VAT), and shipping options.
- Multi-store support (same currency).
- Auto-charge/capture possible for digital goods.
- Automated extension updates, no action required.
The screenshot below shows the Nets Easy app settings:
By following the steps below, you will be able to integrate Easy payment in your Shopify store:
Option 1 - Direct installation
- Go to https://apps.shopify.com/nets-easy-checkout
- Select your Shopify store and follow installation steps
Option 2 - Via Shopify admin
- In shopify admin, go to shop admin Settings -> Payments -> Supported Payment Methods -> Search by provider
- Enter "Nets Easy" in the search bar and select.
After completing this first step, you should now be on the Nets Easy app settings page. Otherwise, navigate to Apps > Nets Easy Checkout.
- Enter your integration keys and merchant ID.
- Add your terms & condition URL and select the language on the checkout page.
Important Both the merchant ID and the integration keys can be found in Easy Portal. See the following pages for more help:
After installing and activating the app, you can always go back and recfonifgure the Nets Easy app from withing Shopify Admin. The configuration is split into two parts:
- Payment Gateway settings (located under Settings > Payments > Supported Payment Methods > Nets Checkout is Active) enables you to activate payment/deactivate the payment gateway, activate payment methods, and toggle between live and test mode.
- If you want to change any of the configuration settings specifically like terms url or merchant terms url then clicking on Manage will redirect you to app settings page (located in Settings > Payments > Supported Payment Methods > Nets Easy Checkout is Active > Manage
To configure the Nets Easy app settings, go to Apps > Nets Checkout.
The following table lists all the settings you can configure under app settings:
|Merchant id||Your merchant ID which can be found in Easy Portal.|
|Live Secret Key||Your live secret key from Easy Portal.|
|Test Secret Key||Your secret key for test purchases from Easy Portal. Test mode can be enabled under Payment gateway settings, see below.|
|Terms & Conditions url||The URL to the terms and conditions of your webshop.|
|Update order ID with prefix or suffix||Thick the box to import your orderID accordingly.|
Advanced configuration - Optional
Synchronize Order ID
The default configuration setting generates a randomized order ID in Nets Easy for each order. To synchronize the Shopify order ID, do the following:
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Notifications.
- Scroll down to the Webhooks section.
- Click the Create webhook button A new window should appear.
- Then enter information as below:
|Webhook API version||2022-04|
App settings – Import tax (VAT) amount in Nets Easy
The default configuration settings do not import tax rate and tax amount in Nets Easy. It is possible to add a default tax rate and apply it to purchase items as well as shipping/discount amounts. To do this:
- From Shopify admin, go to Apps > Nets Easy Checkout > App settings
- Set tax rate (%) with the value for your shop (e.g 7.7 or 25).
- Then tick the checkbox corresponding to your case: “Product/item price includes tax" or "Product/item price is excluding tax. (B2B mode)" if you are displaying net prices. Nets Easy will automatically calculate the set tax rate accordingly. It will be displayed in Nets Easy portal and in your report.
Payment method configuration
You can modify which payment methods icons get displayed in your store. For this, go to Payment Methods pages in your Shopify Admin settings.
It's possible to manage orders directly in Shopify admin:
- Navigate to Orders in Shopify admin.
- Click on an order line to access order details.
- Choose the Capture or Refund payment option. The Nets Easy app will synchronize automatically. The payment status will also be updated in Nets Easy Portal.
• In Shopify Admin > Payments settings it is possible to select either auto-capture (default) or manual capture. In that case, even order paid wit instant payment methods like Swish, Trusltly or Sofort will required manual capture.
• It might take a little while (less than 1 minute) for order status to be updated.
• It is possible to process partial or full refund is as applicable.
• It is only possible to process partial/full capture once.
• Abandoned/non-completed checkouts via Nets Easy can be re-initialized through shopify admin portal, notifying customer with cart recovery email. (located in Order > Abandoned Checkout).
in Shopify admin, a payment can be flagged with pending status, look for this transaction in the Easy portal. If it is indicated as "charged" in the Easy portal, then you can mark the order as "paid" in Shopify admin.
To accept PayPal you must use the PayPal app provided by Shopify. You cannot accept PayPal payments with Nets Easy as per Shopify rules.
Below are some of the most common configuration errors, their cause and steps that you can follow to solve them.
Nets Easy Checkout is not visible as a payment method
- Ensure the Nets Checkout is available and activated in the Shopify store under Settings > Payment > Nets Easy Checkout.
- Make sure you have configured the Payment gateway correctly.
Nets payment window is blank
- Ensure your integration keys in the Nets plugin settings are correct and do not contain additional blank spaces.
- Temporarily deactivate thrid party plugins that might affect the functionality of the plugin.
- Check if there are any temporary technical inconsistencies: https://nets.eu/Pages/operational-status.aspx
Payments in live mode don't work
- Ensure you have an approved Live Easy account for production.
- Ensure your Live Easy account is approved for payments with the selected currency.
- Ensure payment method data is correct and supported by your Nets Easy agreement.