Nets Easy for Magento
This guide describes how to install, configure, and use the Nets Easy webshop module for Magento 1.
Before you start
Our Magento 1 plugin is the perfect extension that enables you to use the Nets Easy checkout to its full potential for your Magento store. Nets Easy supports most popular payment methods.
- The Nets Easy fast checkout with "remember me" functionality.
- Embedded checkout for an optimized user experience. Users are not redirected outside Magento.
- A smart mix of payment methods to suit all preferences.
- Multiple checkout languages and currencies for selling in your domestic market and abroad.
The following screenshot shows a checkout page provided by the Magento plugin:
Admin Panel features
- Quick setup and flexible configuration.
- Intuitive order management with synchronized captures and refunds.
- Compatibility with discounts, tax (VAT), and shipping options.
- Compatible with multi-shop setups.
The screenshot below shows the Settings page in Magento Admin:
Follow the steps below to install the Nets Easy module in Magento.
Step 1: Upload the module
The first thing you need to do when installing a Magento 1 extension is to unzip the folder where the extension is stored and copy all the folders and files into the root directory of your store using FTP.
Step 2: Install the module
- Go to your Magento Admin Panel
- Go to System > Configuration > Payment Methods
- Find Nets Easy Checkout in the list of checkout options
- Set Enable Nets Easy Checkout to Yes
- Fill out your integration keys (secret keys and checkout keys) and select an order status to new orders. (Please note that orders are fully paid once they appear in the system.)
Step 3: Disable the standard checkout (optional)
If you wish to disable the standard checkout, you can do this in the following way:
- Go to System > Configuration > Checkout
- Under Checkout Options, in the field Enable Onepage Checkout, choose No
Step 4: Clear the cache
Finally, it's time to clear the cache to ensure that your changes take effect:
- Go to System > Cache Management
- Select all the files in the list
- Choose the refresh option in the dropdown menu
- Click the Submit button
After installing the module, you need to do some basic configuration of the module:
- Navigate to: System > Configuration > Payment Methods
- Locate the Nets Easy Checkout and access Configuration.
- Fill out the required integration keys (secret keys and checkout keys).
- (Optional) Customize the module according to your needs using the additional settings on the configuration page.
The screenshot below shows the Nets Easy configuration page in the Admin Panel:
The following table lists all the settings you can configure in the administration area for the Nets Easy module:
|Enable Nets Easy Checkout||Activates the module.|
|Select Environment||Toggles between Live mode and Test mode. Choose test mode if you want to make test purchases using the test environment. There are sample card numbers and invoice addresses for testing purposes. Live mode requires an approved account.|
|Live Secret key||Your live secret key from Easy Portal.|
|Live Checkout key||Your live checkout key from Easy Portal.|
|Invoice fee ID||Creates a hidden (virutal) product that acts as the invoice fee. Enter the product ID in this field or leave it blank to disable.|
|Test Secret key||Your secret key for test purchases from Easy Portal.|
|Tets Checkout key||Your checkout key for test purchases from Easy Portal.|
|Supported customer types||Configures which customer types should be accepted on the checkout page. B2C means private customers (Business-to-Consumer). B2B means business customers (Business-to-Business).|
|Terms & Condition Direct Link||The URL to the terms and conditions of your webshop.|
|New order status||New orders placed through Nets Easy will set the order status to Processing.|
|Auto Capture||Allows you to instantly charge a payment straight after the order is placed. Important! Capturing a payment before shipment of the order might be liable to restrictions based upon legislations set in your country. Misuse can result in your Easy account being forfeit.|
You've now installed and configured the Nets Easy webshop module. If you have further questions, please see the troubleshooting section below or reach out to our support.
It's possible to manage orders directly in the Magento Admin Panel:
- Navigate to Sales > Orders
- Click on an order line to access order details.
- Choose your desired action, refund/partial refund, or update the order status. The Nets Easy plugin will synchronize automatically. The payment status will also be updated in Nets Easy portal.
All transactions performed by Nets are accessible in Easy Portal.
The following screenshot shows the list of orders in the Magento Admin Panel.
Below are some of the most common configuration errors, their cause and steps that you can follow to solve them.
Nets payment window is blank
- Ensure your integration keys in the Nets plugin settings are correct and do not contain additional blank spaces.
- Temporarily deactivate thrid party plugins that might affect the functionality of the plugin.
- Check if there are any temporary technical inconsistencies: https://nets.eu/Pages/operational-status.aspx
Payments in live mode don't work
- Ensure you have an approved Live Easy account for production.
- Ensure your Live Easy account is approved for payments with the selected currency.
- Ensure payment method data is correct and supported by your Nets Easy agreement.