Omnichannel feature allows to enrich the user experience of collection services by offering customers the omnichannel framework, ensuring the ability to manage shopping experiences and multi-channel use cases that allow you to initiate an online payment (in store) and finish it in store (online).
Click & Collect
The solution allows merchants, upon signing terms and conditions with the customer, to initiate an online transaction and finish it in the store, mainly covering the following use cases:
- Online pre-authorization (with or without card data tokenization) > in-store pre-authorization closure: pre-authorization of the cart value on XPay (with or without card data tokenization) and in-store payment closure with confirmation amount, partial and possible management of an increase in amount by closing the pre-authorization and balance of the difference on a separate transaction on the same omnichannel label.
- Online deposit (with or without card data tokenization) > balance in store: payment of a deposit on XPay (with or without card data tokenization) and closing of the payment of the remaining amount in the store .
- Online purchase (with total amount already paid) > cancellation in store: full payment on XPay and collection in store with the possibility of renunciation or modification of products purchased online (partial or total cancellation).
The use cases enabled by this feature directly on the payment API can be summarized in the following two steps:
- E-Commerce: the customer makes the reservation of the goods on the merchant's ecommerce and signs the terms and conditions to accept the pre-authorization or online deposit and to collect it in the store. At the same time, it decides whether to tokenize the card data with the merchant or not. These terms and conditions will be transmitted to the merchant side and stored on Nexi systems in order to provide any support to the dispute area to resolve potential disputes. The ecommerce transaction is tagged with an omnichannel label generated by the merchant.
- In store: In the store, you use your own management system to retrieve the transaction initiated online via the omnichannel label. Again through the management system, he communicates with XPay in order to complete the operation, namely:
- close the pre-authorization
- pay any additional amounts with a recurring payment (in case the customer has tokenized their card data)
- route any additional amounts to be paid to other in-store payment tools using the same omnichannel label.
On the merchant side, it will be necessary to update the specifications of their cash management systems in order to:
- Allow conversation with XPay (by calling the payment API).
The solution allows you, upon signing a debit mandate contract, to record the customer's payment data and subsequently use them for debit transactions. This service provides that the merchant can enable the following types of debit directly from the POS \ Cash management system:
- MIT recurring (MIT scheduled recurring payments)
- UCOF (MIT unscheduled recurring payments)
- COF (OneClick payments)